So if any of you watch the news you have no doubt heard about the new law proposed in Arizona and the Federal lawsuit pending to place an injuction against them.
I'm going to try to keep my political opinions stymed, but as I was watch the liberal news media (aka "the news") this morning interviewing this kid, who came over as a 12 year old with his parent illegally. Graduated top honors in High School, attended Arizona State University with a Mechanical Engineering degree and has now recently gone back to Mexico to avoid being processed by the new law.
That's the background... The odd part..the news guy is talking about how this is a talented and obviously smart kid that the US should want to keep to which I had several knee jerk reactions.
First, how the hell does someone get that far in our education system without noticing? I kinda like the idea...get an college education...get a green card.
Second, how does a smart kid like this, with a professional degree, not attempt to get his green card. Maybe he has tried...
Third, while I know in the short-term it sucks, family seperated, etc.. Isn't this a good thing? A US educated, talented engineer returns to Mexico to make it a better place? Lot's of other countries send there students for US education and many go back. Why is this percieved as a bad thing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment